Gingerbread cookie dough White frosting
- To make a batch, punch out shapes from cookie dough using cat and gingerbread-man cookie cutters, then bake. When the cookies are cool, pipe on frosting bones.
- Clean plastic gallon milk jugs
- Black permanent marker
- Craft knife
- String of 50 clear low-wattage holiday lights
- Draw ghost eyes and mouths on the jugs. Tip: Leave the caps on while you do this, so the jugs don’t dent.
- Use the craft knife to cut a half-dollar-size hole in the back of each jug (a parent’s job).
- Arrange the ghosts near each other and string the lights between them, stuffing several bulbs into each of the jugs.
- T-shirt or black turtleneck (depending on neckline of dress)
- tights or socks
- loose-fitting, long-sleeved black dress (at least three sizes too big but not so long that your child could trip)
- 1 sheer nylon stocking
- over-the-head mask
- 2 googly eyes
- 6 diaper pins
- pair of black knee-highs
- child’s sleeper pajamas (size 12 to 18 months)
- one pair of mittens
- baby-style bonnet
- pacifier (optional)
- Create the old lady by stuffing the backpack with newspaper. Have your child put on the T-shirt or turtleneck, tights and stuffed backpack. Next, have her put the dress on over the backpack.
- Make the mask by filling the nylon stocking with fiberfill, then putting it inside the mask to create a full head. Stick a loop of tape to the back of each googly eye and adhere it to the stuffed nylon in the mask through the eyeholes. Using two diaper pins, attach the knee-highs to the back of the mask and tie them loosely around your child’s neck just below her chin.
- Create the baby by stuffing the pajamas and mittens with fiberfill or newspaper. Pin the mittens to the pajama sleeves, then open the pajamas to the middle of the chest and snap around your child’s neck. To loosen the fit around the neck, thread ribbon through both sides of the collar and tie the ends together. Pin the pajamas to the back of the dress.
- Have your child complete the look with the bonnet, shoes, cane and purse. Pin the pacifier, through the ring, to one of the mittens.
***To find more cute and awesome ideas for Halloween check out “Disney Family Fun” ***